Who our Business Savings accounts are for
Nationwide Business Savings accounts are for businesses and organisations established and operating in the UK that:
- employ up to 250 people
- have an annual turnover or assets of up to £45 million
If your business doesn’t meet the above criteria, find out more about the accounts that may be suitable for larger businesses and organisations by visiting our Corporate savings section.
For more details on eligibility click here.
Nationwide Business Savings accounts aren’t suitable for use as a business current account.
Our Business Savings accounts
|Account||Interest rate||Type of account||Withdrawals**||Notice period||Apply online|
|Instant access||Up to 0.55% gross p.a./AER (variable)*||Instant Access||Unlimited||None||Find out more and apply now|
|Notice||Up to 0.70% gross p.a./AER (variable)*||Notice||Unlimited with 95 days' notice||95 days||Find out more and apply now|
|Fixed term deposit 6 month||0.80% gross p.a./AER (fixed)||Fixed term||None allowed||None||Find out more and apply now|
|Fixed term deposit 1 year||0.90% gross p.a./AER (fixed)||Fixed term||None allowed||None||Find out more and apply now|
*You can choose to have your interest paid monthly or annually. Interest is calculated daily. If your balance falls below £10,000 you will not earn interest until your balance returns to £10,000 or more.
**You can withdraw money by direct electronic transfer (CHAPs) into your Nominated Account. We'll need your signature to authorise your withdrawal so please remember to sign your post/fax or attach a signed PDF email instruction. The minimum withdrawal is £500.
These products and interest rates can be varied or withdrawn at any time without notice.
AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded once each year. Gross p.a. is the interest rate without tax deducted.
Opening a Business Savings account
- To apply for a Business Savings account click here to complete the online application process.
- Minimum initial deposit is £10,000 and the maximum balance is £10 million.
- Once we've received your application and we've completed our checks, we'll aim to open your account within 5 working days.
- You can track the progress of a new Business Savings application at any time by calling us on 0800 66 55 11 (option 1) or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will respond to any emails and faxes within 48 hours, and our phone lines are open Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm (excluding bank holidays).
- Once open, your account is operated by signed email instruction, post or fax.
- Our range offers competitive interest rates.
- Choice of instant access, notice and fixed term business savings accounts.
- UK based telephone team dedicated to the needs of Nationwide business savers.
- We have strong credit rating grades to give you reassurance and security.†
4 reasons to choose Nationwide for your business savings
FSCS - Protecting your money
Your eligible deposits with Nationwide Building Society are protected up to a total of £75,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, the UK's deposit guarantee scheme. This limit is applied to the total of any deposits you have with the following: Nationwide Building Society and Nationwide UK (Ireland). Any total deposits you hold above the limit between these brands are unlikely to be covered.